Over several months this past school year, students in the Humanities 10 class had the opportunity to work with professional writers, editors, and publishers from the Telling Room (located on Commercial street in Portland). As a result of their efforts, the first GHS "Chapbook" was published! Copies are in the library - check it out! Congratulations to the newest members of the "I've been published" club!!
Due to the increasing number of students with severe allergies to foods and other products that are life-threatening, we are asking you to review with your student the allergy procedure located in the school handbook. We need your cooperation in speaking with your student regarding the importance of NOT sharing food with others here at school or on the bus in order to avoid an inadvertent exposure to known allergens. Please let your student’s teacher know ahead of time if you want to send in a snack for the entire class so that arrangements can be made for the student with allergies to bring in an alternative snack. Please do not send in snacks with obvious nuts, peanuts or peanut butter. Please contact your school nurse if you have any concerns.
Information Central for the Class of
May 20th-30th -- Senior Internship (optional participation) May 29th -- Academic Awards Night (GHS awards night) 6:00 PM (students receiving awards will be invited by letter)
May 31st -- Last Day of Classes for Seniors
(Senior Internship participants return this day, debrief, and attend classes)
(Yearbook Dedication and Senior Countdown Assembly at end of day)
June 3rd through 7th -- Marching Practice 8:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
(All seniors required to attend)
Wednesday, June 5th -- Spring/Seniors Sports Awards Night – 6:00 PM Thursday, June 6th -- Senior Recognition Night
6:30 PM (students arrive at 6:00 PM)
(All seniors required to attend; seniors’ families encouraged to attend)
Friday, June 7th – Senior Class Trip – Permission slips required
Sunday, June 9th – Graduation 4:00 PM, Merrill Auditorium, Portland. Students should arrive at GHS at 12:30 PM with caps, gowns, stoles. All students are required to ride the buses to Merrill for Graduation. No return buses are offered.
Sunday, June 9th - Project Graduation Event for Seniors. Permission slips required.
CLICK HERE for the permission slip
Volunteer Parents needed for event.
Sunday – June 9th 4:00pm – Graduation at Merrill Auditorium- ride home with parents
7:30pm – Graduates arrive at Gorham High School- dropped off by parents – Backpack checks and Pre Party
8:30pm – Graduates load buses and head to Project Graduation Party location
Monday – June 10th 5:00am - Graduates arrive back at GHS…and need a ride home!
• Possession and/or use of alcohol, drugs & tobacco are strictly prohibited. Violators will be asked to leave and parents notified.
• All bags brought to the event will be searched before students board buses.
• Attendees are required to stay for the entire event – those who leave will not be readmitted and a parent will be notified.
• All participants are required to ride the bus TO and FROM the activities. No exceptions.
• No vehicles are allowed overnight in the GHS parking lot – and graduates are not allowed to drive themselves home after the event. Please plan accordingly to pick up your graduate after the event.
• Recommend to wear comfortable clothes. (sneakers, shorts, sweat pants, casual clothes). Bring bathing suit/towel.